The Import User feature enables you to import multiple users from a CSV file. To import users, you should first export your existing users to create a template file. Study the data elements in the file to gain an understanding of each, and then delete the user data. Do not delete the header row. You can then enter your new user data into the file. The columns in the file include the following:
Note: When importing users, a good rule of thumb for passwords is to use the same password for all users and then set the RequireUserToChangePassword to TRUE. That way, when the user logs in with the password you provide, he or she will be required to change the password before accessing the site.
Use these steps to import users:
- Select Users from the Admin toolbar.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page and click Import Users (csv).
- This displays the Import Users page.
- Click the Browse button to browse to the CSV file.
Note - If you need a template file, you can click the downloading a template link on this page to download a template. You can then add your users to that file and import that file.
- Select the file and click the Open button.
- Click the Upload button to upload the file and verify the correctness of the entries.
The system displays the status of the records and also displays a message if you have invalid groups.
- If the file you are importing contains existing user information, and you want to overwrite existing user data with the user data from the file, check the Overwrite box. The import checks the email address, and if the email address in the file matches the email address in the system, the system record is overwritten with the data from the file. If you leave the box unchecked and the file contains a record for an existing user, the import ignores the record in the file.
- Click the Import users button to finish the import.
Posted on Tue, October 21, 2014
by Support filed under